St Mark's was consecrated in 1874. More can be read about its founding in the context of Battersea history.
The current congregation has mostly grown out of a church plant from Holy Trinity Brompton (HTB) in September 1987. Paul Perkin and his wife Christine led a troupe of about 50 enthusiastic followers to join the dwindling congregation in the rather delapidated church.
Mostly through the sacrificial giving of its members, a number of stages of major renovation and building work have happened in the ensuing years. Most recently the Landmarks building project resulted in a modern, welcoming hall and extended meeting room facilities, opened spring 2007.
Also at this time a group of 20+ left on a 'church plant' with Patrick Malone to join the congregation of worshippers at St Peter & St Paul's Church on the nearby Winstanley Estate.